Subsistence is a sandbox, first person, solo or co-op, PvE open-world survival game. Struggle through changing seasons to build a base, develop technology and gear-up in the hostile environment. Defend yourself from wildlife, the elements and AI hunters (who also build bases in the world). Progress your base technology for advanced item crafting and upgrades. Farm crops, fish, raise small animals, harvest and refine resources to rise in dominance in the world. Defend your base from Hunter attacks, and raid their bases to steal their loot. If you enjoy open-world sandbox survival games, resource gathering and grinding to build a base, you may enjoy playing the early access version of the game.
* Singleplayer and Co-op PvE sandbox experience.
* Crafting mechanics.
* Dynamic base building.
* Dynamic seasons and weather systems.
* Weapon upgrade system.
* Mining and refining of ores.
* AI Hunters (with AI base building).
* Animal husbandry.
* Food cooking mechanics.
* World day-night cycle.
* Temperature change based on time-of-day and altitude.
* Character hunger/thirst/strength mechanics.
* Character clothing system.
* System for inviting/removing players to access bases.
* Central power system for bases (base items require power to function).
* Npc enemy leveling system.