Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire (released as Sangokushi IV in Japan) is the fourth in the Romance of the Three Kingdoms series of turn-based strategy games produced by Koei and based on the historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire was the last game in the series to be released on the PC in the United States until Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI.
Gameplay is generally similar to the previous installments.
The six scenarios in this game are listed as follows:
1. Dong Zhuo seizes control of Luoyang (AD 189)
2. The Flying General roams the Central Plains (AD 194)
3. Liu Bei seeks shelter in Xinye (AD 201)
4. The Crouching Dragon soars across Red Cliffs (AD 208)
5. End of the Han Dynasty - Rise of the Three Kingdoms (AD 221)
6. A star falls at Wuzhang Plains (AD 235)
Graphics are enhanced in this game and there are additional features such as:
Warships can make other warships catch fire
Archers can fire flaming arrows at other soldiers and catapults
Barbarians can be summoned to conduct raids on enemy territory
Alliances can be formed between the player and other warlords but these are not permanent
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Romance of the Three Kingdoms IV: Wall of Fire, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romance_of_the_Three_Kingdoms_IV:_Wall_of_Fire, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0, https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/.